Minsk State Linguistics University
Belarusian Association for American Studies
Belarusian association of Teachers of English, IATEFL
Call For Papers
May 13 – 15, 2017
It is assumed that the conference will address the following problems:
- Intertextuality in the literature of the 20th–21st centuries. Literary and cultural interaction.
- Intermediality in literature at the end of the 20th – the beginning of the 21st century.
- Theater Experiments at the end of the 20th – the beginning of the 21st century.
- Multiculturalism vs. interculturalism: theoretical problems.
- Experiment in culture and literature in the 20th–21st centuries.
Conference languages: English, Belarusian, Russian.
It is expected that a volume of conference papers will be published. Only the papers presented at the conference will be considered for publication.
Applications for participation and a short summary of the paper (100 words) should be sent by April 10, 2017 to the following address:
MSLU World Literature Dept (conference 05.2017),
Zakharova St., 21, Minsk, Belarus, 220034.
Tel.: (+375-17) 288-25-63 Fax: (+375-17) 294-75-04
All the expenses connected with participation in the conference are to be covered by the participant or his/her institution.
Deadline for application: April 10, 2017 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requirements for Publication
The size of articles is up to 20,000 printed characters. Texts for publication should be printed in Font 14 Times New Roman with 1 space between the lines. Contributions can be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Articles submitted for publication should include the aim(s) and methodology of the research, give an overview of the work previously done on the investigated problem, substantiate the achieved results of the research and have a list of references. The manuscript should also contain a summary of 150—200 printed characters in English, key words in English and Russian/Belarusian.
The author’s full name, academic affiliation, office (or home) address, telephone, e-mail address and research interests should be given at the end of the submission.
References should be presented according to the order in which they appear in the text.
THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICAN EXPERIENCE.
FROM EMERSON TO CORMAC MCCARTHY’S
THE ROAD AND BLOOD MERIDIAN
University of Gdansk, Poland
At the moment, Ernest Hemingway once more seems to have been right when in the Green Hills of Africa he claimed that “all modern American literature comes from Huck Finn.” [1, p. 22]
- Jarrell, R. Graves and the White Goddess / R. Jarrell // The third book of criticism. – L., 1975. – Р. 77–112.
- Kadish, D. Y. From the Narration of Crime to the Crime of Narration: Claude Simon’s Le Palace / D. Y. Kadish // The International Fiction Review. – 1977. – № 4. – P. 128–136.
- Rubinstein, W. D. Detective Novels: A Very British Crime Wave / W. D. Rubinstein // History Today. – 2010. – Vol. 60. № 12. [Electronic ressource]. – Mode of access : http://www.historytoday.com/william-d-rubinstein/detective-novels-very-british-crime-wave. – Date of access : 10.07.2012.
- Jouve, V. Les métamorphoses de la lecture narrative / V. Jouve // Protée. – 2006. 34. – № 2–3. – P. 153–161.
Details of presenter
Last name _______________ First name________________ (Mr./ Ms./Prof./Dr.)
Address (in Russian): _______________________________________________
Contact phone #: home _________________ office _______________________
Affiliation, position: ________________________________________________