WTM Riches Essay Prize
The WTM Riches Essay Prize was established in 2004 to recognise and reward high-quality work being done by junior scholars in many areas of American Studies, including history, political science, literature, film and media studies, geography, the visual arts, architecture, and cultural and critical theory.
The competition is open to undergraduates and students in the first year of research or taught postgraduate programmes. The following rules apply:
- Essays must be no more than 5,000 words in length (including notes, excluding Works Cited)
- Essays must be written in English and submitted as Microsoft Word document
- Essays must be formatted in accordance with the MLA Style Manual
- Neither the author’s name nor institutional affiliation should appear on the essay
- Author’s details (name, affiliation, contact details) should be included in the email submitting the entry
Authors must be members of the IAAS, and normally resident in Ireland or N. Ireland.
The closing date for entries is June 30th.
The prize winner will receive €100 and the winning essay will be considered for publication