The IAAS committee is pleased to announce it is accepting entries for the 2013 WTM Riches Essay Prize, closing date 31st December 2013.
The prize-winner will receive €100 in book vouchers and the winning essay will be considered for publication in the Irish Journal of American Studies.
The prize was established in 2004 to recognise and reward high-quality work being done by younger scholars in many of the areas that are covered by the term “American Studies,” including history, politics, literature, film, geography, the visual arts, architecture, and cultural / critical theory.
The competition is open to undergraduates and students in the first year of research or taught postgraduate programmes. The following rules apply:
• Essays must be no more than 5,000 words in length (including notes)
• Essays must be written in English and typed on A4 paper
• Essays must be formatted in accordance with the MLA style manual
• Author’s name or institutional affiliation must not appear on the essay
• Author’s details must be submitted on a separate sheet
In addition to the above, authors must be members of the IAAS.
Contact Julie Sheridan for further queries: email@example.com