CALL FOR PAPERS
The 90th Anniversary of the Department of English and American Studies at Sofia University
The conference seeks to bring together young and established scholars, and also professors emeriti from academic institutions in Bulgaria and abroad, giving them a venue to debate and exchange views on traditions and transitions in the research in and the teaching of English-language-related disciplines.
The field of English and American Studies is in transition, as it seeks new approaches, and re-examines older ones, in order to address the multiple issues facing the development of English-language related disciplines required for participation in today’s global community. The organizers of this conference encourage papers using a variety of interdisciplinary approaches to developments in the field and a wide range of analytical perspectives (historical, artistic, literary, political, aesthetic, ethical, linguistic, sociolinguistic, cognitive etc.).
We invite individual abstracts and panel proposals in an array of topics, discussing traditions and transitions in any of the areas below:
- The study of literatures written in the English language (including literatures from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Pakistan, South Africa and the Middle East, among other areas);
- The study of English linguistics (including English phonetics, phonology, syntax, morphology, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, text linguistics, discourse analysis, corpus linguistics and stylistics);
- The study of Anglophone cultures and societies with a special focus on the complexity and hybridity of cultural interaction, transnationalism and transculturalism; the movement between places, identities and cultures;
- Translation studies;
- Мedia studies, transmedia.
Abstracts for twenty-minute presentations and panel proposals should be submitted by 1 March, 2018.
Please include the following in your submission:
- Email address:
- Title of Abstract or Panel Proposal:
- Abstract (250 words):
- Bio (100 words):
Please address emails to: TandTconf2018@gmail.com
Conference Organizing Committee:
- Evgenia Pancheva, Dr. Habil.
- Prof. Alexandra Glavanakova, PhD
- Prof. Alexandra Bagasheva, PhD
- Prof. Rositsa Ishpekova, PhD
- Prof. Emilia Slavova, PhD
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE SEE: https://ttconference2018.wordpress.com