University College Cork, Ireland
Established in 2002, the TSA is a broad network of scholars who use the ‘transatlantic’ as a frame of reference for their work in political, economic, cultural, historical, environmental, literary, and IR/security studies.
All transatlantic-themed paper and panel proposals from these and related disciplines are welcome. This conference thus welcomes papers in the following areas:
2. International Relations and Security Studies
3. Literature, Film and Culture
4. Planning and the Environment
6. Proposals that investigate the ‘transatlantic’ and explore it through frames of reference such as ideology, empire, race, religion, migration, political mobilisation, or social movements
7. Proposals that incorporate perspectives that involve north-south and south-south transatlantic connections, as well as north-north
Both panel proposals and individual papers are welcome. Panel proposals are encouraged to include a discussant. New members and junior scholars are especially welcome.
Please send individual paper proposals (a 300 word abstract and brief CV) and complete panel proposals (300 word overview and 300 word abstracts for the papers and brief CVs) to the conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for panel and paper proposals: 3 February 2017