IAAS Social Media Officer
The Irish Association for American Studies is expanding year by year, hosting international events and attracting members far beyond the island of Ireland. We are currently seeking a social media officer to assist with running our Social Media accounts and updating our website regularly.
We regret that the role is unpaid, although comes with benefits. None of our committee members are paid for their work for the IAAS.
The IAAS is committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity, and welcomes applications from minority and under-represented groups.
The Social Media Officer:
- The social media officer will ideally be a current postgraduate student and member of the IAAS. The idea behind the position is to give members an opportunity to get more involved in the Association
- The officer will ideally have experience with running social media accounts, websites, and platforms such as WordPress and Canva
(We also welcome suggestions from the officer with regard to improvements for the website, as well as feedback on their role as it progresses)
- Liaise directly with the IAAS secretary
- Co-design, publish and promote (using Canva) the IAAS newsletter
- Post relevant news items on iaas.ie, Twitter, and Facebook groups (the officer will not be expected to perform any major site maintenance)
- Check relevant job sites for American Studies vacancies and post details accordingly
- No more than 1-2 hours of work per week
- No travel is involved
- The initial term for the role is 12 months, renewable. (Re-appointment cannot be guaranteed.)
- Free access to all IAAS events, including conferences and symposia
- Build a research network of Americanists and work with a friendly and dedicated team
- Enhance your professional development and CV
To express your interest, please send a one-page cover letter and brief C.V. to the IAAS Secretary, Sarah McCreedy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.