Information for Delegates
The conference will be held in the Clinton Institute for American Studies at University College Dublin, Belfield. The Clinton Institute is located in Belfield House. Click here for a campus map, showing the Clinton Institute’s location.
Parking & Getting to University College Dublin
- The Stillorgan road entrance is off the N11, and serves the eastern traffic corridor.
- The Wynnsward drive entrance is off the Clonskeagh road and serves, Tallagh, Dundrum, Rathfarnham, Ranelagh, and the M50 motorway, which is a useful link to all traffic from the west and south east.
- The Owenstown entrance is off Fosters Avenue and serves the eastern traffic corridor, from the south.
- Campus Speed limit is 30 km/ph
- Vehicles using the campus must comply with the Road Traffic Act
- Traffic calming barriers prevent through traffic at peak times, Barriers operate Mon-Fri 7:00-10:30 and 16:00-19:30.
- Parking is on a first-come basis, exclusively for persons with business in UCD
- Vehicles may only be parked in designated parking spaces and are parked at owner’s risk
- Some car parking areas are pay and display, please check the signage in the car park
- Vehicles left unattended for more than three weeks will be deemed abandoned and may be removed
- Wheel clamping is used to facilitate parking management on campus
- Clamp release fee is indicated by signage in the car parks
For the latest traffic information check the AARoadwatch web site.
Limited hourly paid parking is available in designated car parks and charges apply 8:00hrs-17:00hrs, Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) during the peak demand periods of semester 1 (7 Sept. – 27 Nov. 2015) and semester 2 (25 Jan. – 29 Apr. 2016). Outside of these hours car parking is free of charge except for premium rate hourly paid spaces and spaces associated with UCD Sports and Fitness. Please note:
- Cars parking in hourly paid spaces must comply with the posted regulations
- A UCD Parking Permit is not valid in hourly paid parking areas
Premium Rate Parking Spaces: Limited premium rate parking spaces are designed to ensure that short-term parking (1-2hrs) is available.Parking charges apply 24/7. They are marked as yellow spaces and are located:
- Beside the AIB Bank, Tierney car park (N4)
- In Richview car park (R1)
- In NovaUCD car park (F1)
- Opposite Health Sciences alongside Student Centre car park (C6)
Disabled Parking on Campus
If you have an EU disabled person’s parking permit/card displayed on your windscreen you have certain parking concessions. You may park in assigned disabled person’s parking spaces free of charge. To avail of any other parking spaces on campus, you are obliged to comply with UCD’s general parking regulations.
The only exception to valid disabled parking permit holders using disabled parking in UCD, is a temporary disabled parking disc which is issued by UCD Traffic and Commuting Office. This is for a person who has a temporary condition medically certified, and issued for a duration of two months only.
Persons with long term conditions do not qualify as a temporary disablement and should apply to the Disabled Drivers Association for a permit which is valid for 2 years.
[All information on Parking has been retrieved from the UCD Estate Services Website as of October 2015. We do recommend checking the UCD site for further information.]
We would recommend that where possible you use public transport. UCD is extremely well-serviced by Dublin Bus. You can plan your journey on http://www.dublinbus.ie/. The 39a Route services UCD, and is extremely regular.
Bus Stops Located on Campus
- Behind the UCD Chaplaincy
- At the N11 Entrance
- Near Sports Centre Roundabout
UCD – DART Shuttle
Shuttle bus service connecting UCD to DART (Sydney Parade). Details here.
Eduroam is in operation in University College Dublin. Visitors must have their wireless clients configured to use WPA2 with AES encryption and have tested their authentication before arriving on-site. UCD’s IS Services do not provide technical support for connecting to Eduroam so you should direct any queries to your home institution and check your settings before arriving. More information on connecting to Eduroam in UCD can be found here.
The Conference Dinner will be held on Saturday evening, 7pm, at The Greenery, Donnybrook.
If you did not register for the Conference Dinner, but would like to attend, please speak to an organiser as soon as possible. There may still be limited spaces available.