Conference Code of Conduct
The IAAS strives to ensure that all participants at our events, online or in person, feel safe and welcome.
As an academic association, we are strongly committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion, and interculturalism. We value the free expression of ideas and concepts through scholarly discourse, and strongly believe that such expression is underpinned by a fundamental respect for the rights, dignity, and value of all persons, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, dis/ability, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, nationality, religion, or career stage. We recognise the shared responsibility of creating a mutually respectful environment.
We therefore remind all conference delegates, including keynote speakers, that behaviour and interaction breaching these standards is not acceptable, and may result in expulsion from the event.
Unacceptable behaviours include, but are not limited to:
- Undermining or belittling behaviour or words
- Verbal or physical forms of aggression or intimidation
- The use of derogatory language, such as racial and sexual slurs
- Unwelcome comments on the appearance of others
- Making audio and/or visual recordings without permission
- Unwelcome solicitation of emotional or physical intimacy with any participant
- Persistent interruption of talks, presentations, or other events
- Failure to respond to relevant requests by moderators or conference organisers
Thank you for your cooperation, and for familiarising yourself with this code.
We appreciate your contribution to safeguarding our community.