WTM Riches Essay Prize
The prize-winner will receive €100 in book vouchers and the winning essay will be considered for publication in the Irish Journal of American Studies.
The WTM Riches Essay Prize was established in 2004 to recognise and reward high-quality work being done by younger scholars in many of the areas that are covered by the term “American Studies,” including history, politics, literature, film, geography, the visual arts, architecture, and cultural / critical theory.
The competition is open to undergraduates and students in the first year of research or taught postgraduate programmes. The following rules apply:
• Essays must be no more than 5,000 words in length (including notes)
• Essays must be written in English and submitted as a Microsoft Word document
• Essays must be formatted in accordance with the MLA style manual
• Author’s name or institutional affiliation must not appear on the essay
• Author’s details should be included in the email submitting entries
In addition to the above, authors must be members of the IAAS.
The closing date for entries is May 31st.
Contact Dara Downey with any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Winners of the WTM Riches Essay Prize